Designed to exacting standards, the North Carolina Center for Automotive Research (NCCAR) is an independent, non-profit center devised to meet the ever-evolving product research, testing and development demands of the automotive industry. State sponsorship and affiliation with North Carolina's university and community college system offers exceptional opportunities for matching the innovative talents of the world's automotive industry with the research capacity and business development resources of the State of North Carolina.
The Center's facilities include:
- 4.6 mile ride and handling course designed to exacting standards,
- vehicle dynamics areas with high-speed entry,
- advanced chassis dynamics laboratory,
- client garages with virtual office connectivity,
- two axle chassis dynamometer with climatic air handling and emissions